Thursday, September 19, 2013

To be or not to be Debate Twist

To study or not to study--that is the quesiton.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to learn
The ins and the outs of subjects through flashcards,
or to take arms against the sea of notes
And, by opposing, end them. To fail, to sleep--
No more-- and by failing to say we end
The heartache and the stress of the mind
That homework is heir to-- 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished none. To fail, to sleep--
To fail, perchance an unknown entity.
For in that failure of tests what dreams may come,
When we have stopped to study,
Must give us time.

There's the respect
That makes studying beneficial.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of ignorance,
and unintelligence.

Laziness is wrong.
The pangs of Facebook, twitter and the television
Distracts us from making the decision.
The patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself has neglected to study.
Who goes through everyday life,
Without the dread of failing and report cards.

Yet the undiscovered overachiever.
Who takes notes diligently.
His conscience does make cowards of us all.
And thus gives us much to think about.
What is the resolution?

Be all the times I neglected to study remembered.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand...
    I've always wanted to not study and just fail instead but I'm too afraid of getting a bad grade and what my average looks like in the end. I would study! (even though I wish I didn't study so much sometimes...)

    That was a really good topic to choose! It is extremely relateable.

    I also liked how you really mimicked Hamlet's speech. You not only took the tone and pattern of being and not being, but used the specific words and phrases and molded it to fit your topic.

    My favorite line was the undiscovered overachiever. I thought that was very clever.

    ReplyDelete